Whether you’ve only recently started a business or have been going for a while, Google AdSense is the most popular ad network around and the best way to start monetizing your traffic with display ads. This ad network offers a wide range of ad units for multiple platforms and devices and includes optimization tools.
You don’t want to apply for an AdSense account only to be rejected because you did not follow the instructions correctly or adhere to their policies. In this guide, we’ll show you how to apply for an account in 2020 and beyond, step by step and get accepted.
Google is very serious about the quality of their ad network. They are very strict about the requirements, rules, and regulations you need to follow. Below are the requirements you need to adhere to before signing up to AdSense.
- You need to be at least 18 years old.
- You need to have an active Gmail account that isn’t linked to an AdSense account.
- You need to have a website, and that website needs to meet all of Google’s terms of service.
Read more about Google AdSense policies here: https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/48182
Pro Tips from Digital Gyan
Although the following tips aren’t written in stone, we believe that these steps will improve your chances of getting accepted by AdSense:
- Your website should be at least 3 months old.
- You should have at least 30 articles published that are unique and valuable to readers.
- There is no minimum traffic amount that you should have, however the more, the better.
How Does Payment Work?
There is a minimum threshold of $100 that you need to earn in ad revenue before you can get paid. Also, keep in mind that Google follows a net 30 payment term. As an example, when you earn ad revenue during September, your revenue will be sent out to you in the first week of November – 30 days after the billable month is over.
Step by Step : How to apply for Google AdSense Account?
- Start by vising the Google Adsense homepage – https://www.google.com/adsense/start/
- On the same page, click on “Sign In” and you’ll be directed to a page where you need to sign in to your Gmail account. After entering your email address and password, click on the “Next” button.
- Next, you’ll be directed to a page that gives you the following message as shown in the screenshot below. Click on “SIGN UP NOW” to sign up for your AdSense account.
- Now you’ll need to enter all your details, which includes your website and email address. You can also opt-in for customized help and performance suggestions from AdSense. Then click on “Save and Continue“. Check the screenshot below:
- Review and accept the AdSense Terms and Conditions.
- Click Create account.
- You’re now signed in to your new AdSense account.
What to do next?
You might notice that some of the options in your new AdSense account are grayed out. That’s because there are a few tasks that you need to complete before we can fully activate your account. Learn how to activate your AdSense account.
What to do if AdSense can’t activate your account?
To find out why your AdSense account can’t be activated, either sign in to AdSense or read the email we sent you. The main reasons why we can’t activate an account are described below.
1. There’s a problem with your site’s content
Review the AdSense Program policies to make sure your site is in compliance. Keep in mind that we may review all pages of your site, not just the sign-up URL where you placed the code. After you’ve adjusted your content, sign in to AdSense and confirm that you’ve resolved the issues on your site. We’ll then proceed with activating your AdSense account.
2. You have two accounts
AdSense policies only allow one account per publisher. After you’ve closed the other account, sign in to AdSense and confirm that it’s closed. We’ll then proceed with activating your AdSense account.
Note: Publishers whose accounts have been terminated for invalid traffic or policy violations will not be allowed to open a new AdSense account as per the AdSense Terms and Conditions.
Once Google AdSense Sign Up is complete, you will receive instructions that will enable you to connect your website to AdSense. AdSense will provide you with a snippet of code that you need to add to your site within the <head> </head> section. They will also give you specific instructions on how to do so when you have a WordPress site. Once you’ve inserted the code on your site, click the submit button.
Now your website is ready for the Google AdSense team to review. Be sure to keep the snippet of code live on your site until AdSense responds. Sometimes it takes a few days or up to two weeks for the AdSense team to get back to you.
There you have it! Applying for an AdSense account isn’t rocket science. Follow the instructions we presented you with, and you’ll be up and running with AdSense in no time.