Due to the epidemic, all non-essential businesses have continued to close their doors – a situation that could escalate for several more weeks. If these recent developments have taught us anything, it is that we should be prepared for any event.
If you own a business, what steps are you taking to move your employees from home environment to a task? Remote network access is important – epidemic or not – especially if you or all of your work force are conducting business from their homes. To keep your company safe, customers happy and productivity at a consistent level, and working employees, you must enable remote network access for your employees.
What you need to know?: Remote Access Solutions
Telecommunicating not only helps companies cut overhead costs and allows employees to work with personal engagements at their own pace, it also allows the situation to have more productive “work” in your own work.
There are several ways by which you can establish remote work opportunities for your company. You can do this:
- Choose a full virtual private network.
- Deploy Remote Desktop Access.
- Set up a cloud computing network to develop a virtual office setup and share files between home offices.
- virtual Private Network
- Good choice for companies that want to offer either intermittent access or full-time access to remote work solutions; However, remote devices must be properly secured and protocols must be followed.
- Encryption protocols make the transfer of information between VPNs and end users quite secure.
- The VPN itself is not vulnerable to direct attacks.
- If not secure, PCs can transfer viruses and malware to VPNs. Connection to a VPN can make the system vulnerable if employees do not disconnect when they are finished.
- These are more difficult to set up than remote desktop access.
Remote Desktop Access Solutions
You can enable remote desktop access in one of three ways:
- Remote access software
- Enterprise remote desktop
- Direct remote access
With limited centralized control of employee log-ins and remote access, remote access software solutions are less secure at their most basic level. This solution costs more, while direct remote access is free. Nevertheless, it is a solid choice for companies that have intermittent work-to-home needs.
Enterprise remote desktop solutions are more scalable but difficult to set up. They provide a seamless experience and operate through hosted solutions, which comes at an increased cost; However, ease of setup is better than installing this infrastructure on its own.
Direct remote access requires proper security protocols to ensure that the system is not vulnerable to attack. Remotely frozen computers can be difficult to restart. Also, many hardware issues have to be addressed on-site.
Cloud network remote work
This is a good option if you are choosing to work from a full virtual office, as these solutions provide additional flexibility and cost benefits. They carry some risk because it is difficult to control what employees are doing with their hardware at home.
What to consider?
Examine these factors to decide on the type and provider of remote access and work solutions:
Easy Installation: How much time is involved? How much effort? Will this cause downtime in operations as the infection occurs?
- Easy to use: Can your employees and IT departments easily use this solution?
- Cost: How much does each solution cost? How much will this save your company?
- Security: How safe is the option you are considering? How dependent is it on users’ ability to follow the stated protocol?